The City of Pittsburgh and Mill are inviting select residents to participate in SoilMill PGH by utilizing the Mill service.
Information and Pricing for Pittsburgh + Mill Participants:
- If the City of Pittsburgh selected you for the Mill service, SIGN UP NOW by using your provided Partner Code. Code provided via flier or email. Please sign up by July 14th.
For two months, service will be available to you for $10 per month plus tax (made possible by SoilMill PGH).
- After your first two months, should you not elect to cancel the Mill service, SoilMill PGH x Mill customers will pay $20 per month for 10 additional months, allowing for a full year of service. After a year of service, participants will be charged our standard monthly rate.
- Please note: Participants agree to enroll in an ongoing payment plan, and will be charged the applicable monthly rate at the start of each month until they cancel. Participants may cancel anytime by contacting support and returning their bin. See our Terms and Conditions and Sponsored Membership User Agreement for details.
Did you know?
- SoilMill PGH is led by the Department of City Planning, Department of Public Works, and Citiparks. It is funded by a $90,000 grant the City received from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).*
- The City of Pittsburgh is working towards Zero Waste—defined as the diversion of at least 90% of waste from landfills or incineration—by 2030.**
- When food ends up in landfills, it releases methane, a potent greenhouse gas 80 times more powerful than CO2, and residential households are the single largest source of wasted food in landfills.