Note: Instructions are printed on your replacement bin box.
In your box, you’ll also find:
- Quick Start Guide
- New Mill kitchen bin
- Label to return your bin
This is the same process as when you got your original Mill kitchen bin. Just follow the numbers on the box to begin or check out the steps listed here.
- Tear to remove label #1 on the top of the box.
- Tear to remove each label #2 on the sides of the box.
- Pull each clip to unlatch and remove completely from the box. There are four: two on each side. Set these aside for when you package up your original bin.
- Grabbing the handholds on either side of the box, lift the outer box up and over your new Mill kitchen bin.
- Remove the top foam cap.
Removing your replacement Mill kitchen bin from packaging
- Remove the bucket from within your bin. This will make it lighter and easier to move.
- Please remove your bin from the box using two people. One person should hold the cord and the back handle of the device, while the other person should grab the pedal as you lift it up and out.
- Place your bin in its new home in your kitchen.
Unpair your existing bin from your app:
- Note: You can do this whether it's plugged in or not.
- Go to the Mill app
- Click the settings icon (top right)
- Tap Device
- Tap Remove your bin
- Tap Remove your bin again to confirm
- Now you can plug in your new bin and pair it. Follow steps in this article to learn how to pair your new bin.
Repacking your Mill kitchen bin for return
Preparing your device
Follow the steps below to prepare your Mill kitchen bin for return.
Factory reset your bin for return
- Unplug your original bin.
- While holding down the button on the lid, plug your original kitchen bin in. Wait until you see a flashing blue light.
- Now unplug the bin again. This resets the device and ensures that it's no longer associated with your Mill account.
- Note: If your device cannot power on or you do not see the blue flashing light after 2 attempts, continue to step 2.
- Remove the bucket from the device.
- Wipe out loose Food Grounds with a damp paper towel.
- Use your hand to rotate the paddles so that they are flat, parallel to the floor, to create space for the charcoal canister inside.
- Press the circle on the top of the rear door to open.
- Remove the charcoal canister from the charcoal chamber.
- Place the charcoal canister into the plastic bag that was used for the charcoal canister that came with your new bin. Then, place the flat foam end cap on the top, flat side of the canister.
- Fold down the open end of the bag over the bottom, curved side of the canister.
- Place the curvy foam end cap on the top, curved side of the canister.
- Place the now-packaged canister firmly into the bucket. To ensure that the bezel and lid close without interference or bulging, the curved side should be next to the lint filter, opposite the handle.
- Replace the lid door.
Place sealing labels to keep your bin secure through transport
- With the lid closed, apply a “Peel this off” label connecting the lid to the bin.
- To secure the rear door, apply the remaining “Peel this off” label evenly between the top of the door and the handle.
- Coil the power cord.
Pack up your bin for return
- Please lift your bin using two people. One person should hold the cord and the back handle of the device, while the other person should grab the pedal as you put it in the box.
- Place the bin into the base foam so that the pedal is facing forward.
- Tuck the power cord into the back rear corner of the base foam.
- Add the front brace support by bending in the cardboard and slotting it into the front of the base cap. Push down until it's securely resting on top of the base foam.
- Place the cover box over the top until it touches the floor. Important: Make sure the clip holes in the outer box align with the clip holes in the base.
- Place the top foam so that the half circle points towards the back of the box.
Reinstall all 4 clips
- Make sure the inside wings are pinched together.
- Put the clip into the hole until the outside of the clip touches the outside of the outer box.
- Press the latch into the cavity until it clicks.
- Close up the top of the box by folding the flaps.
- Remove 3 pre-cut tape stips from the envelope on the exterior of the box.
- Seal the top: Place one tape strip along each seam.
Seal the bottom: With the remaining 2 pre-cut tapes, place one over each #2 label.
- Lay the box down onto its front or rear face
- Place one piece of pre-cut tape between the clips on each side (2 total) so that it holds the base and outer box together.
- Remove the return label from the white envelope and place it OVER the original shipping label, covering the original label completely.
- Contact Member Support through the Mill App or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your at-home bin pickup through FedEx.