If your Mill kitchen bin disconnects from Wi-Fi, you may still be able to use it and it may continue running a daily Dry & Grind cycle at your scheduled time. You just won’t be able to use the Mill app to control or see the status of your bin or get notifications.
Follow these steps if your Mill kitchen bin is disconnected or offline in the Mill app:
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is working normally and that your bin is within range of the network
- Check that you can get online with another device in your home. If you’re using a cell phone, turn on Airplane mode and then turn on Wi-Fi to make sure you don’t use cellular data to test your connection.
- If you can’t connect with any device, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to check the service status in your area.
- You may need to restart your modem or router by unplugging them, waiting 30 seconds, and then plugging them back in.
- Make sure your bin is plugged in and getting power. You can check by tapping the foot pedal. If the bin has power, the lid will open.
- Try giving your bin a quick reset by power cycling it: unplug it, wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in.
- If you recently changed your Wi-Fi network name or password, you’ll need to reset your bin. The instructions are here.
If you checked off this whole list and your bin is still offline, contact Member Support.