Mill was designed for residential use. That said, there's nothing stopping you from using it in a business setting, such as an office. But you should be aware of some limitations:
- Capacity - The bin has a capacity of 2.9 Gallons, or 11L of kitchen scraps. This is more than sufficient for the average household, but may be limiting in a higher traffic setting.
- Run times - In a household, the bin would typically run ~6-10 hrs each night (give or take, depending on how much food was added that day). But in a higher traffic setting, the bin may need to run significantly longer (16 hrs +) to keep up.
- Frequency of emptying - Each night, it runs a cycle to shrink, dry and de-smellify those kitchen scraps into Food Grounds. A typical household may go weeks without needing to empty their bin. A high traffic setting would require more frequent empties.
- Prohibited items - You are responsible for ensuring that no prohibited materials are put in the bin (e.g. toxic materials, plastics, large bones. See list here). In a business setting, you would need to make sure that anyone using the bin follows these guidelines.
- Food Ground box limits - Customers can receive up to 10 boxes every 12 weeks. This is more than sufficient for a household environment, but may be limiting in higher traffic settings.
Depending on the size of your office, you may want to consider getting multiple bins. If you have questions or would like to discuss your options, contact us and we’d be happy to chat!